Joint replacements that were once considered high-tech are now a common operation. Studies show that joint replacements can relieve pain and increase mobility. If you are struggling with joint pain, how do you know if it’s time to consider surgery?
Here are a few reasons to consider knee or hip replacement surgery:
1. Pain and Stiffness: Candidates for knee or hip replacement surgery experience chronic pain, lasting at least 6 months. This pain is severe enough to effect your ability to walk, climb stairs, get up from a chair, or carry on with other normal everyday activities.
2. Poor Quality of Life: Is pain and stiffness limiting your mobility to the point it effects your daily activities? It should not limit the things you do or effect your mood.
3. Bone Damage: If x-rays show bone damage from injury or other conditions.
4. Treatment Failure: If everything else you have tried isn’t helping enough.
5. Deformity: Your leg is severely swollen or bowed.Sharing is Caring!