We have another bone health recipe today that we found on joybauer.com for a delicious and health infused breakfast sandwich. It’s tasty and good for you, what else could you possibly ask for?
- 1 slice(s) bacon, Canadian-style
- 1 whole egg(s)
- 2 egg white(s)
- pepper, black, to taste
- 1 English muffin, 100% whole-wheat
- 1 slice(s) tomato(es)
- 1 slice(s) cheese, cheddar, reduced-fat
- ketchup, or salsa (optional)
- Coat a small skillet with oil spray and preheat over medium heat. Add the Canadian bacon to the skillet and cook until warmed through, about 1 minute per side. Transfer the Canadian bacon to a plate and return the skillet to the burner.
- In a small bowl, whip together the whole egg and egg whites, and season with black pepper to taste. Add the eggs to the skillet and scramble.
- Toast the English muffin and layer the bottom half with the Canadian bacon, tomato slice, scrambled eggs, and cheese. Top with a squirt of optional ketchup or a dollop of salsa (if using). Top the sandwich with the second half of the English muffin.