In this article, I’m going to share eight tips with you that could help prevent you from getting injured in a car accident. All of these tips are ways to help decrease your chances of ever getting into a car accident. They do this by helping to ensure your car and your driving experience are as safe as possible. This is because the best way to prevent getting injured is to prevent getting into a car accident in the first place.
The reason I’m going to tell you how to prevent getting injured in a car accident is because over the last 16 years I have treated hundreds of people just like you that have suffered with these types of injuries. Some of the injuries were mild and involved bumps, bruises and low grade muscle strains. Other more severe injuries included torn rotator cuffs, herniated discs, broken bones and concussions.
And dozens of those accidents might have been prevented if the drivers knew and acted on these tips.
When it comes to decreasing the risk of getting into a car accident the key is to “control the controllable.”
Here are eight things you can control and that you can do today to decrease your risk of getting injured in a car accident.
This first set of tips relates to ensuring good visibility:
1. Keep your windshield wiper fluid reservoir filled up and keep a spare bottle in the trunk.
2. Replace your windshield wipers every 6 months.
This next set of tips relates to ensuring your vehicle has good maneuverability and traction:
3. Get your tire tread checked and replace tires as recommended.
4. Get your alignment checked and fixed as recommended.
5. Use all weather tires as recommended.
6. If at all possible opt for a vehicle with AWD.
And finally, these last two tips are based in using good sense:
7. Stay off the roads during severe weather storms or in times of hazardous driving conditions.
8. Wear your seat-belt at all times.
About the Author: Nationally renowned health expert and passionate practicing Physical Therapist and business owner David Berman, MS, PT, COMT, CSCS has been helping Coloradans get out of pain quickly and naturally for over 13 years. His #1 specialty, where he does most of his work, is in treating those injured in auto accidents. Originally from Brooklyn, NY, he and his family now call Golden home. He is a voracious reader, a fitness fanatic and an avid fly-fisherman.Sharing is Caring!