Again! Dr. Hill has been acknowledged this year with the recognition of his peers, one of the highest recommendations someone in his field can expect. He made the list of the best and brightest in Detroit. Dr. Hill and his orthopedic expertise was distinguished, along with a group of peers from different areas of specialties in the metro Detroit area. There is no question that this is a wonderful accolade from “Hour Detroit.” Now you can feel even better with your choice of orthopedic care!
A decade or two ago, the biggest fears associated with Halloween candy were of a dental nature. But today, with childhood obesity at an all-time high and ever-increasing numbers of children with food allergies and sensitivities, many parents are seeking healthier, safer alternatives to chocolate bars, peanut clusters, artificial colors and high-fructose corn syrup.
With so many parents concerned about the type and amount of candy their child receives, maybe it’s time to avoid it altogether, and opt for one of these FUN alternatives to Halloween candy:
- Halloween jewelry: check your local party store for affordable priced Halloween-themed bracelets, necklaces and rings. Glow in the dark options are always popular with the kids, and parents will appreciate the added visibility they provide on dark streets.
- Halloween stickers: little kids always love stickers! Offer a variety and let each child choose a few.
- Vampire teeth…if you can find the glow in the dark variety, that’s even better!
- Bubbles can be found in small Halloween-shaped containers.
- Finger puppets in the shape of pumpkins, witches or ghosts will keep kids occupied for hours.
- Halloween pens/pencils/erasers: these will come in very handy for school!
- Halloween tattoos are always a hit with kids big and small.
- Small toys, like rubber or plastic snakes, spiders or bats.
- Whistles, in the shape of ghosts or pumpkins.
- Halloween bouncy balls (look for glow in the dark versions)
About The Author: Dr. Smialek is a licensed naturopathic physician who treats children from birth to 18 years of age, and she has a passion for nutrition and fitness.