We all try to eat healthy and finding great recipes that are healthy can be a challenge. As we age we tend to focus on keeping our bones strong, something our parents probably instilled in us at a young age, but keeping a balanced diet isn’t always easy. The change of seasons, available good produce, our own personal preferences and specific needs can make it a challenge. We say keep it simple. Here’s a simple, yet delicious salad recipe we found at Eatingwell.com that you can edit to your tastes and even makes a great pack ahead lunch for work.
- 2 cups Spring Vegetable Salad
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 5 sliced cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup whole-wheat croutons
- 2 tablespoons Garlic-Dijon Vinaigrette
- Pack salad in an airtight storage container. Add eggs, dill and croutons. Pack vinaigrette separately in a small jar. Just before eating, add the vinaigrette to the salad and toss to coat.
- To make ahead: Refrigerate for up to 1 day.