Here are 5 pieces of summer advice from an article on the site simplemarriage.net:
1) Carve out some “me time” every day. That may mean a few minutes before everyone’s up in the morning. Or perhaps a time when the kids are around and know that you are to be left alone for a moment or two.
2) Share your kids. Pair up with another parent and give each other a break by taking all the kids out to the beach or some other activity. Even if only for the afternoon, it is a few hours of peace and quiet. Use the time to get caught up on that juicy novel you were reading.
3) Keep a routine. Even though it’s summer, a routine will help keep the kids from spending the day in front of the TV.
4) Involve the kids in meal planning. Depending on the ages, kids can help with everything from heating leftovers to planning a nutritious meal.
5) Get outside. Sunshine is good for us, and the older kids get the more inclined they are to want to be inside on the computer or playing video games all day. Don’t let all that sunshine go to waste. It’ll be winter soon enough and we’ll be wishing for warm summer air.
Written by: Tricia Doane, FizzNiche Staff WriterSharing is Caring!